Ninety per cent of the information our brain processes is visual and 40 per cent of people respond better to something visual than they do to text.
Jeremy Stewart is a digital marketing consultant at Launchpad Creative and really understands graphics and design — so he’s the perfect person to help us understand how good design can help us sell our message.
Here are some key take-outs:
- Visual content creates an emotional connection with your audience you can’t get through text alone — our brains compute images so much faster, too.
- Design encompasses everything from font choice to pictures. Jeremy says the more simple, the better.
- People really do judge a book by its cover. Design helps people make decisions.
- If you’re a really small business, there are some great tools to help you do good design yourself. But as you grow, definitely get the professionals in.
- Choosing the right image can make all the difference between success and failure.
- Instagram is a great medium, even for business to business, because the images spread so far and wide and it helps you connect with your audience.
- Infographics have moved a long way from just being a visual representation of statistics; you can do them on anything now. Just make them pretty and have a message to share. Convert your blogs into infographics and animated videos so you get more value from the same content.
On My Desk
- Jeremy’s recommendation was this video.
- Sarah recommended Piktochart.
- Nic recommended MailChimp.
- James’s recommendation was a podcast called People Fixing the World.
Have you heard the one about…
Recently Sarah got particularly passionate about drip email marketing campaigns.
And here’s a podcast where the team were joined by Mark Masters to look at some great examples of content marketing.
Give us a follow on SoundCloud to get the latest episodes.
Or, you can subscribe or leave a review on iTunes.