The team discusses innovative and cost-effective marketing tips for start-ups. How can start-ups approach marketing to ensure they get a return on investment? And is there anything big companies can learn from how these newer enterprises promote themselves?
Here are some key take-outs:
- Earned media is a great way to get free publicity. Build your personal brand by sharing your opinions and expertise.
- Look for public speaking opportunities. Find out what audiences are looking for and be the one to share it.
- Blog well and blog often. Content marketing is a great way to build your brand and authority.
On My Desk
- Nic recommended Slack.
- Sarah recommended Michael Stelzner’s book Writing White Papers: How to Capture Readers and Keep Them Engaged.
- James recommended Guardian Labs.
Have you heard the one about…
Recently James, Sarah and Nic took a close look at the tactics Donald Trump uses to tweet.
And here’s a discussion about the dos and don’ts of corporate video.
Like what you’ve heard?
Give us a follow on SoundCloud to get the latest episodes.
Or, you can subscribe or leave a review on iTunes.