In the 100th episode of Brand Newsroom the team takes a look back at some of the biggest lessons learned across almost two years of the podcast.
Here are some key take-outs:
- Publish consistently. Your audience expects it. That might mean allotting regular time in your diary to create your content.
- Be flexible in your approach to your content. Be open to new and evolving ideas.
“If you serve your audience, you’re going to be rewarded.” — Sarah
- It’s not about you, it’s about your audience.
- Tap into your influencers: Your content is going to do better. Put their names in the headline to get your audience’s attention.
“A lot of companies entering the content marketing space are, sadly, still producing content for the boardroom rather than for the audience.” — James
- Use social media to amplify your content. Engage with your influencers on social and get them to share your content.
- Recycle your content. Keep putting it out there in as many different ways as possible.
- Content works forever. If you create something “evergreen”, you’re creating a long-term asset that keeps working to bring in more business.
“It has been a labour of love and it has been such an enjoyment — I’ve thoroughly enjoyed every episode of the one hundred.” — Nic
Here are some of the most popular Brand Newsroom podcasts…
The team speaks to Rand Fishkin about SEO.
And here’s Jay Baer on why praise is overrated…
Like what you’ve heard?
Follow us on Soundcloud for the latest episodes Click here
Subscribe or leave a review on iTunes Click here